About the Fort Stockton Convention and Visitors Bureau
The City of Fort Stockton through the Fort Stockton Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) promotes and manages tourism for Fort Stockton.
Funding comes from local imposed Hotel/Motel taxes.
View the 2020 Hotel Occupancy Tax Report (PDF)
The CVB is responsible for marketing Fort Stockton as a tourist destination via all forms of media including electronic, print advertising, billboards and brochure publication. The CVB manages and operates city-owned properties including the Historic Fort, the Grey Mule Saloon, and the Fort Stockton Visitor Center and Grounds.
In order to better manage the City’s tourism assets, the CVB contracts the Fort Stockton Chamber of Commerce and the Fort Stockton Historical Society to operate the Visitor Center and its Historic Sites.
Cooperative efforts between the CVB, Pecos County, the Fort Stockton Historical Society, the Fort Stockton Chamber of Commerce, local hotel/motel management, and local business allow for a cohesive and pleasant experience for all of the community’s visitors.
The CVB also funds Special Events and Conventions such as Water Carnival, Historic Fort Days, the Biannual International Silhouette Shooters Competition, athletic events, and educational conventions.
Multiple sites are available in Fort Stockton for meetings/conventions and the CVB assists with all aspects to ensure a successful event.
Upcoming or Recent CVB Board Agenda:
February 16, 2021
THE FORT STOCKTON CONVENTION & VISITOR’S BUREAU WILL MEET TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2021 AT 9:00 A.M.
FORT STOCKTON VISITOR CENTER
1000 E RAILROAD AVE
FORT STOCKTON, TX 79735
VIDEO/TELECONFERENCE: In accordance with Governor Abbott’s declaration of the COVID-19 public health threat and action to temporarily suspend certain provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act, a quorum of the Fort Stockton Convention & Visitor’s Bureau will hold a Regular Meeting by video/telephonic conference call. The public may join this meeting by calling: 1-415-655-0001 and entering the following access code: 182 546 7301 meeting password: 1234
COMMENTS FROM THE AUDIENCE ON REGULAR AGENDA ITEMS: Citizen’s who desire to address the Fort Stockton Convention & Visitor’s Bureau regarding matters on the Regular Agenda shall approach the podium when the item is to be considered. Discussion by Convention & Visitor’s Bureau Board Members will only occur when an agenda item is scheduled for consideration. Prior to making comments, each speaker will be required to provide his/her name and residential address. Speakers will be limited to 3 minutes. Speakers making personal, impertinent, profane, or slanderous remarks will be removed from the Visitor Center Board Room and will be removed from meeting and not allowed re-entry.
- Call to Order.
- Orientation & Introductions of New Board Members: Adam Gonzales, Vishal Chopra, Heather Pass
- Election of Officers (Chairman & Vice-Chair)
- Discuss/Act upon previous meeting minutes of January 19, 2021.
- Discuss/Act upon Financial Statement, Accounts Payable, and Occupancy Tax.
- Discuss/Act upon funding report Pop Warner Football Invitational. (Ruby Bernal)
- Discuss/Act upon funding request for the USTA Tennis Tournament. (Bert Rainwater)
- Discuss/Act upon repairs to Historic Fort Stockton Wagon.
- Discuss/Act upon requesting permission to put Event Center items on agenda for Auction.
- Discuss/Act upon approval of cost for material for remodel at Event Center Office.
- Discuss/Act upon approval of cost for fixed assets for remodel at Event Center Office.
- Monthly Reports:
- Update on Chamber of Commerce
- Update on Annie Riggs Memorial Museum & Historic Fort
- CVB Staff Report
- Questions and answers from media on Agenda Items.
This facility is wheel chair accessible & parking spaces are available. Request accommodation or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the Convention & Visitor’s Bureau office at (432)336-2264 or Fax (432)336-6114 for further information.