About the Fort Stockton Convention and Visitors Bureau
The City of Fort Stockton through the Fort Stockton Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) promotes and manages tourism for Fort Stockton.
Funding comes from local imposed Hotel/Motel taxes.
The CVB is responsible for marketing Fort Stockton as a tourist destination via all forms of media including electronic, print advertising, billboards and brochure publication. The CVB manages and operates city-owned properties including the Historic Fort, the Grey Mule Saloon, and the Fort Stockton Visitor Center and Grounds.
In order to better manage the City’s tourism assets, the CVB contracts the Fort Stockton Chamber of Commerce and the Fort Stockton Historical Society to operate the Visitor Center and its Historic Sites.
Cooperative efforts between the CVB, Pecos County, the Fort Stockton Historical Society, the Fort Stockton Chamber of Commerce, local hotel/motel management, and local business allow for a cohesive and pleasant experience for all of the community’s visitors.
The CVB also funds Special Events and Conventions such as Water Carnival, Historic Fort Days, the Biannual International Silhouette Shooters Competition, athletic events, and educational conventions.
Multiple sites are available in Fort Stockton for meetings/conventions and the CVB assists with all aspects to ensure a successful event.
Upcoming or Recent CVB Board Agenda:
October 20, 2020
THE FORT STOCKTON CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU WILL MEET TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2020 AT 9:30 A.M. IN THE MEETING ROOM OF THE FORT STOCKTON VISITOR’S CENTER, 1000 E RAILROAD AVE, FORT STOCKTON, TEXAS
TELECONFERENCE: In accordance with Governor Abbott’s declaration of the COVID-19 public health threat and action to temporarily suspend certain provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act, a quorum of the Fort Stockton Convention & Visitor’s Bureau will hold a Regular Meeting by video/telephonic conference call. The public may join this meeting by calling: 1-415-655-0001 and entering the following access code: 126 365 0386 meeting password: 1234
- Call to Order.
- Discuss/Act upon previous meeting minutes from September 15, 2020.
- Discuss/Act upon Financial Statement, Accounts Payable, and Occupancy Tax.
- Discuss/Act upon funding request for 1st Annual Basura Tournament. (Octavio Contreras)
- Discuss/Act upon funding request for Christmas items. (Ruben Falcon)
- Discuss/Act upon funding request for the Fort Stockton SheepDog Trials. (John Lewis, Vivian Christensen)
- Discuss/Act upon New Year’s Eve Firework Display. (Mayer Chris Alexander)
- Monthly Reports:
• Update on Chamber of Commerce
• Update on Annie Riggs Memorial Museum & Historic Fort
- CVB Staff Report:
- Questions and answers from media on Agenda Items.
This facility is wheelchair accessible & parking spaces are available. Request accommodation or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the Convention & Visitor’s Bureau office at (432)336-2264 or Fax (432)336-6114 for further information.