Comanche Springs Pool and Pavilion
200 W Spring St
Fort Stockton, Texas 79735
Comanche Springs Pool & Pavilion, 1938
Comanche Springs Swimming Pool
The pavilion was built in 1938 over the Big Chief Spring, the largest spring in the Comanche Springs system. The pool, as it exists today, was constructed in 1953 and serves as host to the annual Fort Stockton Water Carnival. The first Water Carnival was held in 1936.