Koehler's Store and Comanche Springs
208 S Spring Dr
Fort Stockton, Texas 79735
Inside of Koehler's Store, 1897
Relaxing in front of Koehler's Store along Comanche Springs, circa 1900
Built in 1878, this structure was originally a one-story masonry building. By 1884, it had expanded to include a store, bank, and saloon. The second story was added in the 1930’s.
Comanche Springs was at one time the third largest source of spring water in Texas. It was a favorite rest stop on the Comanche Trail. There were numerous springs in the Comanche Springs system. The one opposite Koehler’s Store is named the Blue Hole.
- Part of Fort Stockton Driving Tour