Pecos County Courthouse
103 W Callaghan
Stockton, Texas 79735
The current Pecos County Courthouse is the fourth since the county’s founding in 1875. The first (1875) was officially designated and located in the adobe “Johnson House.” The second (1878), third (1883), and fourth (1912) were built on the present site. A major renovation in the 1930’s removed a central dome from the building’s roof.
Today, the building which features original stained glass, is still used for meetings of the Pecos County Commissioners Court, and houses several county offices.
- Part of Fort Stockton Driving Tour